IN-PERSON: Adult Trope Class
with Hazzan Shulamit
Title: Adult Trope Class
Taught by: Hazzan Shulamit Wise-Fairman
Weekly on Thursdays from 7:15-8:30pm
Join Hazzan Shulamit for this eight week IN-PERSON only course to learn trope, the musical system for chanting Torah from the scroll. Students must plan to attend all sessions, and home practice between classes is required. Carrying a tune is not required – If you are not sure if your voice is good enough, it is!
You must be able to de-code Hebrew: knowing the Hebrew Alef Bet letters and vowels and being able to sound out Hebrew words. If you are going to take the Alef Bet & Beyond! course in January, you are eligible to take this class. It will take committed home-practice and boost your Hebrew decoding skills tremendously.
- Thurs., Jan. 19
- Thurs., Jan. 26
- Thurs., Feb 2**
- Thurs., Feb. 9 **
- Thurs., Feb. 16
- Thurs., Feb. 23
- NO class on March 2
- Thurs., March 9
- Thurs., March 16
- Thurs., March 23
*One of these dates class will meet, so hold both dates until this is determined
Location: In the Back Classroom at Kehilla
- Members – $142 for all sessions
- Non-Members – $162 for all sessions
Instruction Book: Art of Torah Cantillation Vol. 1: A Step-By-Step Guide to Chanting Torah
(Book cost included in class cost)
**No one turned away for lack of ability to pay; please pay what you can at registration or $0.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ: The full Kehilla COVID Public Health Protocols here (updated December 1).
Effective December 1 – This new protocol is designed to decrease the possibility that the COVID, Flu or RSV virus spread at Kehilla.
- Anyone experiencing ANY symptoms of potentially contagious illness should remain at home and access Kehilla events virtually, regardless of vaccination status or even if you have received a negative COVID test result.
- Everyone attending a program, event, service or meeting held at Kehilla must stay current on all COVID vaccines and boosters, though we will no longer ask for proof upon entry. We encourage everyone to take a rapid antigen test before coming to Kehilla.
- All in-person attendees are expected to be masked indoors when not eating: N95, KN95, KF94 or comparable mask required.
In keeping with our health and safety protocols, Kehilla will provide maximum air filtration and ventilation. Doors and windows will be opened whenever possible and we recommend that you bring layers (it may be cold in the building).
All events at Kehilla are scent-free. Click here for information about what it means to be scent-free.