W H A T T O B R I N G
- Reusable Water bottles (one per person, we can refill them on site)
- Easy to set up shade to share/umbrellas
- Hat and sunglasses
- Scent-free Sunscreen (available at health food stores)
- Folding chairs, cushions, anything to make you comfortable (to supplement the seating we truck in)
- Flashlights if staying past dusk
- Clothing for hot and cool—mornings & evenings can be foggy, especially if you stay for the campfire. Typically Bort Meadow gets less fog and a little more sun and warmth than the Oakland side of the hills.
- Bug repellant (we recommend this one for low environmental impact and health-friendliness. Please apply somewhere away from the center of camp)
- Note: Phone reception in the meadow is undependable. Coverage seems okay in the upper parking lot before the gate, but consistent cell phone reception cannot be expected.
- Please do NOT bring alcohol or dogs. Alcohol is not allowed in the park and Kehilla’s policy is that only service dogs are allowed in the retreat area. Thank you!
- There are various rules about where to park your car (drop off spots versus long-term parking), so please be alert for the signs, and thanks in advance for your gracious compliance!
FOR ALL ITEMS, please label your belongings, so we can make sure everything returns home safe and sound!
- Special props, instruments, or costumes you might want for the talent show!
- Your own utensils for meals (we’ll bring compostables but if you want to bring re-useables we encourage you to)
- Games and cards
- Long pants to avoid poison oak, if venturing into the bushes at the edges of the site.