Who We Are
At Kehilla Synagogue we’re co-creating a loving community that reaches for joy, shared liberation, and justice, rooted in Jewish spiritual teachings and practice, and sustained by interdependence and mutual care, in the Lisjan Ohlone territory of Huchium. We are a 550 household Jewish Renewal congregation that is a leading progressive voice in the Jewish community and a passionate Jewish voice in the progressive world.
Job Title: Communications and Member Engagement Manager
Start Date: Position is open immediately.
Reports to: Executive Director
Type: Full time, non-exempt
We are looking for a joyful, passionate, organizer of people with superb communications and administrative experience to join our collaborative staff and engaged congregation. The Communications and Member Engagement Manager is entrusted with building community within the congregation. They oversee and implement an internal and external communications strategy, organize and promote Kehilla events and other activities, and support/increase engagement with new and existing Kehilla Synagogue members.
- Communications and Marketing – Produce community-wide communications, oversee Kehilla’s website, market for High Holy Day and other key events, & manage Kehilla’s social media presence.
- Member Engagement – Engage prospective members, welcome new members, support committee leaders, and connect members to programs, events and volunteer opportunities.
- Program and Event Coordination – spearhead logistical coordination of High Holy Days and other holiday and special events, and work with members to organize synagogue programs and services.
You are perfect for this position if
- You have good people skills
- You are seriously well organized
- You like to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- You are tech savvy
- You get something done if it’s yours to do, and get it done on time
- You are flexible and can also keep a lot of plates in the air at once
- You have the ability to take initiative but also to accept direction and seek guidance when needed
- You are a good listener and like communicating with lots of kinds of people
- You can laugh when things get stressful
- You like working hard and want to have a good time while you are doing it
- You want to work for an organization that cares about treating people well and affecting the world for the better
Experience and Qualifications Needed
- A Bachelor of Arts or comparable college degree or experience
- Experience with communications and program marketing
- Experience in project and event organizing
- Ability to use or quickly learn applications such as WordPress, social media apps, Google Suite, Canva and ShulCloud
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Knowledge and understanding of Judaism and Jewish communal life strongly preferred
This position requires that one have the ability to comfortably use a keyboard and mouse. Must be able to sit in a room with compact fluorescent or LED lighting.
Compensation: Salary: $56,000 – $60,000 DOE
Generous benefits package includes health and dental insurance, vacation, holidays and retirement/403(b).
To Apply Please send a resume and a detailed cover letter stating why you are a great candidate for this position to Executive Director Michael Saxe-Taller at email@example.com. Interviews will commence immediately.