For all participants, consider bringing the following:
Water bottles for each person (reusable to be filled on site)
Easy to set up shade to share/umbrellas
Hat, sunglasses or both for your own shade
Folding chairs, especially for campers. For Saturday participants, please bring chairs if it’s easy, to supplement the ones we truck in.
Flashlights if you are camping or staying for the bonfire Saturday night.
Clothing for hot and cool—mornings & evenings can be foggy, especially if you stay for the campfire. Typically Bort Meadow gets less fog and a little more sun and warmth than the Oakland side of the hills.
Cell phones –You are welcome to bring cell phones but be aware that phone reception in the meadow is undependable. Coverage seems okay in the upper parking lot before the gate, but consistent cell phone reception cannot be expected.
We request that you do NOT bring alcohol or dogs. They are not allowed in the park. Thank you!
Also, while you are here… there are various rules about where to park your car (drop off spots versus long-term parking), so please be alert for the signs, and thanks in advance for your gracious compliance!
Special props, instruments, or costumes you might want for the talent show!
Bug repellant (for evening time – please select one with low environmental impact, and apply somewhere away from the center of camp!)
Games and cards.
Long pants to avoid poison oak, if venturing into the bushes at the edges of the site.
If you are going to stay for camping on one or both nights, you may also want to consider bringing some of the following items:
- Food for Friday night potluck plus. You can either bring a salad/side dish or pay to subsidize the pizza, drinks, desserts, etc. through the Registration form. If you sign up to bring food and can’t, please let the retreat organizers know before noon Friday, July 14th when we order the pizza.
- Tent (or waterproof ground cover if you want to sleep under the stars)
- Sleeping bag or warm comforters/blankets/pillow/pad
- Clothes, toiletries, favorite teddy bear, etc.
- Note that your camping registration includes a warm breakfast! So no need to bring your own cooking gear. You may want to bring some snacks; if so, please note that racoons and other critters come out at night and you will need to store any food you bring in your car or other sealed container.
Camping questions? Ask Anna Martin email@example.com
FOR ALL ITEMS, please label your belongings, so we can make sure everything returns home safe and sound!