Part-Time Bookkeeping Assistant – Accounts Receivable (AR) & Accounts Payable (AP) Position
We are a politically and spiritually progressive Community Synagogue in Piedmont California, looking for someone to assist our bookkeeper, in handling our multi facetted accounts receivables, and low volume accounts payable.
• Processing and posting of incoming credit card, check and cash payments for; Dues, Donations, School & B’nai Mitzvah Tuition, Classes, Fundraisers & Events, Rental income, etc.
• Preparation of weekly bank and Paypal deposits.
• Preparation and mailing of “Thank You” letters for all donations, and maintenance of Donor document.
• Regular tracking of Accounts Receivables.
• Contacting congregants/customers regarding unpaid accounts, and cancelled recurring credit card payments.
• Processing weekly bills for payment, and posting staff credit card purchases.
• Provide other assistance to the Bookkeeper as needed.
• Previous bookkeeping experience
• Accuracy and attention to detail a must
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Aptitude with Database and Financial software
• Helpful, but not required, knowledge of Quickbooks, Salesforce & Paypal
• Proficiency with Excel, Word and Google docs
• Ability to communicate with ease and sensitivity regarding money matters with congregants, customers and vendors.
Employment Type: Part-time contract position, 4-10 hours a week.
Compensation: $17-$20 per hour, DOE
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com