About the job:
We’re looking for someone to provide administrative support for our religious school (10 hours/week) and for the synagogue (6 hours/week).
For Kehilla School:
- help to set up and run Kehilla School on Thursday afternoons
- assist with registration, database management, parent communication, event planning, teacher support, and supervising madrichim/teen teaching assistants.
For the synagogue:
- general administrative support
Hours include Thursday afternoons from September through May, Thursday evenings (about once a month), and an occasional Sunday. Other hours are to be determined, with some flexibility.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, including attention to detail and good planning skills.
- A desire to collaborate, receive support, and support other staff to shine as best we all can.
- A fondness for kids, and excitement for building an environment where our students feel loved and supported.
The position pays $15/hour and begins on July 1.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kehilla is a Jewish spiritual home for politically progressive people. We’re in Oakland’s Grand Lake neighborhood (near the Grand Bakery, the Grand Lake movie palace and the AC Transit #12 bus line). This is a great place to work, with kind people building an intentional and lively Jewish community made up of Jews and non-Jews, people of all races, gender identities, sexualities and family structures. Check us out at www.kehillasynagogue.org.