- Pray ▾
- Act ▾
- Learn ▾
- Invest ▾
- About ▾
- Calendars & Communications ▾
- Contact & Location ▾
Please email Susan Schulman for the Zoom link: email@example.com. Any Kehilla-connected folks who identify as white, we’d love to have you, whether you’ve ever been to these meetings before or not! We meet every month to work on decentering white supremacy at Kehilla and work to make Kehilla more welcoming to people of color – we share feelings, build skills, and take actions. This is part of the Belonging & Allyship Initiative.
Susan Schulman, Penny Rosenwasser and Julie Aronowitz
Suggested HOMEWORK for October 7 (These are all highly recommended, since we discuss them at each session, but not mandatory).
1. “Angela Davis on Abolition, Calls to Defund Police, Toppled Racist Statues and Voting in 2020 Election, Democracy Now, June 2020, (25min.) https://www.democracynow.org/2020/9/7/freedom_struggle_angela_davis_on_calls
A theoretical underpinning (video, also available as a written transcript at same link).
2. “How to Change the World,” Bryan Stevenson (13 min.)
3. Ted Talk: How to Overcome Our Biases? Walk Boldly Toward Them, Verna Myers
(17 min.): http://www.dailygood.org/story/2437/how-to-overcome-our-biases-walk-boldly-toward-them-ted-com/
4. “A Conversation with My Black Son” (5 min.)
5. Systemic Racism Explained (4 min.)
6. https://www.spiritofchange.org/what-to-do-if-you-are-witnessing-islamophobic-harassment/ (short). This graphic is particularly focused on incidents of Islamophobia, but we suggest it can apply to anyone being harassed for racism, sexism, transphobia, ableism, etc.