- Pray ▾
- Learn ▾
- Invest ▾
- About ▾
- Contact & Location ▾
Please email Susan Schulman for the Zoom link: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any Kehilla – connected folks who identify as white, we’d love to have you, whether you’ve ever been to these meetings before or not! We meet every month to work on decentering white supremacy at Kehilla and work to make Kehilla more welcoming to people of color – we share feelings, build skills, and take actions. This is part of the Belonging & Allyship Initiative.
If at all possible, we encourage you to do the homework. It’s optional, but we think you’ll get more out of the meetings if you watch the videos/read the articles – no time like this present moment!
Suggested Homework: (this should take you about an hour)–
1. Van Jones: (5 min.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oHHRv–8fc
2. Video from Black woman coach of Black girls rock-climbing in Berkeley: children called & F and N-words (13 min.): https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBgP2meFNH_/?igshid=faalohqnrduh
3. Powerful from (Black woman) Sonya Renee Taylor (8 min.):
4. The Problem is White Supremacy by (longtime Black lesbian leader) Barbara Smith, Boston Globe, 6/30/20, https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/06/29/opinion/problem-is-white-supremacy/
5. Five Racist Anti-Racism Responses “Good” White Women Give to Viral Posts, by Katie Anthony, 5/26/20, https://www.katykatikate.com/the-blog/2020/5/26/5-racist-anti-racism-responses-good-white-women-give-to-viral-posts
6. Here’s Why White Allies Can Get So Overwhelmed and Confused About What To Do Next About Racism by (Asian woman) Sandra Kim, https://www.sandrakim.com/heres-why-white-allies-dont-know-what-to-do-next
Thanks and hope to see you September 10!